SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Official SobekPundit Blogger Interview: 7 Deadly Sins

Because it's his blogiversary and everything, I've invited Sinner, from 7 Deadly Sins, over for this week's Official SobekPundit Blogger Interview. Sinner's been at this thing for a whole year now, and somehow the grinding tedium hasn't cause him to throw in the towel just yet. So without further ado...





Sobek: Thanks for joining me, Sinner.





Sinner: Lust: My pleasure.





Sobek: Uh, you're not going to do your whole "deadly sins" bit the whole time, are you?





Sinner: Pride: What? It's a funny bit.





Sobek: Well, in the context of your blog it's fine, but in a conversation it's a little ... you know ...





Sinner: Sloth: I'm not about to think up something new just to please you.





Sobek: Well, whatever. I ...





Cardinal Ximinez: NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!! Our principle weapon is surprise! Surprise and ...





Sobek: Oh, come ON, guys! You totally screwed that up!





Cardinal Ximinez: What? Didn't he just say "I didn't expect a sort of Spanish Inquisition"?





Sobek: No! I was just about to set him up, and you bozos jumped the gun.





Cardinal Ximinez: Gee, I'm sorry...





Sobek: This isn't rocket science, for crying out loud! You had one line to listen for. One lousy line. What am I paying you people for?





Sinner: Wait a minute, you weren't just going to run through the Monty Python Spanish Inquisition sketch and pretend it was original, were you?





Sobek: Well, I ...





Sinner: Come on, Sobek, if you're just going to phone it in, why even bother?





Sobek: Look, I've got enough of a headache dealing with my cardinals, here. I don't need this crap from you, too.





Cardinal Ximinez: Right, we'll start again.





Sobek: Well it's a little late now!





Sinner: I'm not going to say it.





Sobek: Oh come on. I really don't have a back-up plan for this interview. If you don't do the Spanish Inquisition sketch...





Cardinal Ximinez: NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!





Sobek: Oh, for crying out loud!





Cardinal Ximinez: Don't give me that. I know I just heard the cue.





Sobek: That was me, you morons! And I said "If you don't do the Spanish Inquisition sketch," not "I didn't expect a sort of Spanish Inquisition."





Sinner: Lust: look, if we're all done here, I was about to go read Kiss 'N Blog...





Sobek: Wait just a second. I'm going to get this right if it takes all night.





Cardinal Ximinez: Right. We're going back out.





Sinner: Maybe you have all night, but I've got places to be, people to meet, commandments to break.





Sobek: Fine, just say the line and we'll breeze through this. I'll punch it up in editing.





Sinner: [Sigh] Okay, but let's make it quick.





Sobek: Great. Okay. So, uh, how did you choose the name for your blog?





Sinner: I, uh ... gee, I didn't expect, uh ...





Sobek: Yes?





Sinner: I didn't expect a, uh ...





Sobek: Yeeeeeeees?





Sinner: ... a sort of ... you know, a sort of, uh ...





Sobek: What's the hold up? I thought you said you had somewhere to be.





Sinner: Look, I just can't do it. Okay? The bit is a direct rip-off of Monty Python, and the whole punchline has already been spoiled.





Sobek: JUST SAY THE DAMNED LINE, ALREADY!!!





Sinner: Well, if you're going to use that kind of language, I think this interview is over.





Sobek: Wait! Come back!





...





Sobek: Son of a bee-sting!





...






Sobek: That's it, no more of these stupid interviews for me. I'm outta here.





...





...





...





...





Cardinal Ximinez: Uh, guys? You still here? Where did everybody go?

Other SobekPundit Blogger Interviews:
John from WuzzaDem
Ace of Spades
Dave from Garfield Ridge
Oliver Willis
The Therapist
SondraK
Protein Wisdom
VodkaPundit
Jack M.
Bohemian Conservative
Michelle Malkin
Jennifer from Demure Thoughts
Right Wing Sparkle
Six Meat Buffet
Llama Butchers

Next Week:
I get liquored up and shout at passing cars. Stay tuned!