SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Official SobekPundit Blogger Interview: SondraK

Welcome to this week's installment of the SobekPundit blogger interview. Retired Geezer from Blog Idaho suggested I interview SondraK from Knowledge is Power, so I dropped her a line and she was nice enough to spare a few minutes. SondraK is a hyper-militant ultra-conservative with a thing for striped bass and some innovatice ideas for England to update its flag.




Sobek: Welcome, SondraK, and thanks for joining me.




SondraK: It's my pleasure, Sobek.




Sobek: So I'd like to start by asking you for more of your opinion on this story about al-Qaida denying it wrote a letter stating that ...




SondraK: Excuse me, I hope you don't mind interrupting, but that's not really what I came here to talk about.




Sobek: ... I uh, okay. What did you have in mind?




SondraK: I spend all my time on my blog being snarky and sarcastic about news, pop culture and politics. If you don't mind, I'd like to let your readers know about another side of me.




Sobek: ...




SondraK: Specifically, about the side of me that loves Polish-American poetry.




Sobek: ...




SondraK: So if you don't mind...




Sobek: ...




SondraK: Good. This first one is "The Edge of the Field," by Helen Degen Cohen.




Here I stand, at the edge of the field
Before me, wildflowers.
Behind me, dark children,
like myself...




Sobek: I'm sorry, I just have to interrupt for a second. Are you telling me you'd rather discuss poems no one else has ever read instead of riffing on al-Qaeda? I find that a little hard to believe...




SondraK: Sobek, if you's going to interrupt me, you'll totally lose the cadence.




Sobek: ...




SondraK: And I don't just mean the language, I mean thematically, visually, you know? The artist puts a lot of energy into developing...




Sobek: Look, aren't you jsut a little bit interested in posting about guns, or ...




SondraK: IT'S MY INTERVIEW, AND I'M GOING TO READ SOME POLISH-AMERICAN POETRY WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, CROCO-CHUMP!!!




Sobek: Oh. Goodness. Well on the one hand I've gone and soiled myself, but on the other, at least you're acting like the real SondraK ...




SondraK: I'm sorry, that was way out of line.




Sobek: ... and now you've spoiled it again. Look, to be quite honest, I don't think your readers are as interested in a poem by Helen Dago ...




SondraK: Degen.




Sobek: Sorry, Degen Cohen as they are in ...




SondraK: Well I didn't bring my copy of Concert at Chopin's House here for nothing, so I recommend you just get comfortable. As I was saying,

Here I stand at the edge of the field,
Before me, wildflowers.
Behind me, dark children,
like myself. In the pure spaces
between knotted wire...

... Sobek, are you playing a game?




Sobek: Huh?




SondraK: Sobek, stop doing that puzzle and listen to the poem.




Sobek: I'm listening, I swear!




SondraK: You don't look like you're listening.




Sobek: I can do both.




SondraK:

In the pure spaces
between knotted wire...


Sobek, you're still doing the puzzle.




Sobek: No I'm not.




SondraK: Yes you are, I can see you doing the puzzle right now.




Sobek: I'm almost done. Just give me another minute.




SondraK: Minute? What are you, retarded? How long does it take?




Sobek: It's hard. Get off my back. Okay, all done. Now I promise I'm listening.




SondraK: In the pure spaces... Now you're playing Minesweeper!




Sobek: Yeah, it's a great poem.




SondraK: I'm leaving. That's the last time I trust Retired Geezer.




Sobek: Yeah, that Dean guy really is a nut, huh? Crap! Stupid landmines.




SondraK: I'm outta here. And by the way, Horus was waaaay cooler than you. And his blog is better, too.




Sobek: You're just crabby 'cause this hit a little too close to home. Anyway, thanks for joining me for this week's Official SobekPundit Blogger Interview, which may very well have killed the bit.

Other SobekPundit Blogger Interviews:
John from WuzzaDem
Ace of Spades
Dave from Garfield Ridge
Oliver Willis
The Therapist

Next Week:
Protein Wisdom