SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Happy Mardi Blog!

While most of America is unaware, or at best faintly aware, New Orleans is celebrating Mardi Gras. Do you know what that means? It means that I have no classes Monday or Tuesday. And it means I just got beads from this guy:

I wanna rock and roll all night/ And read SobekPundit every day!

That, my friends, would be Gene Simmons. The same Gene Simmons who threw me my now-coveted Gene Simmons beads. (They look just like regular Mardi Gras beads, but they were thrown by Gene Simmons, which makes them inherently much cooler than ordinary beads).

For the record, I also asked him to stick out his tongue, but he didn't oblige. I'll assume it's because he didn't hear me.

I also got a picture of Marissa Tomei, but it's too blurry to see anything, and she was having a conversation with people on her float rather than smiling, waving, throwing beads, or offering to come home with me and tell me what George Costanza is really like. So I don't have any Marissa Tomei beads to go with my Gene Simmons beads, but under the circumstances, I'd say I did pretty well for myself.

In order to get my readers in the true spirit of Mardi Gras, I might have to post pictures of my nipples. Just to give you all the heads-up.

Update: