SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Refutation Opportunity

Talk radio host Tammy Bruce ... who is ... [awkward pause] a lesbian ... interviewed Little Green Footballs' Chuck Johnson today, and she claimed that only Right Wing blogs ever demonstrate a sense of humor. That seems to be true from what little I've seen at Daily "screw them" Kos or Atrios - their idea of humor seems to be various misspellings of "Republicans" (e.g. Rethuglicans, Reichpublicans, Repukes, Reich-thug-puke-ans) - but I don't want to just assume there aren't any funny libs out there, just because Al Franken couldn't tell a joke to save his wretched life.

I think Jon Stewart is funny. Even when I disagree with the premise of his joke, if it's a funny joke I laugh. And with Jon Stewart, it's usually funny.

Then again, Stewart isn't a blogger. I'm wondering if Tammy (lesbian) Bruce was right - can any of my fifty or so readers point me to a predominantly liberal blog that is actually funny? Average Joe had a good joke the other day, but the general tenor of his blog isn't such that I'd call it a funny liberal blog.