SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Ace v. Andy

Ace has a fun pair of quotes showing Andrew Sullivan is staunchly in favor of theocracy, unless he's against it.

Reminds me of a story my brother-in-law told me. I can steal his story, because he doesn't have a blog. At least, not that I know of. Come to think of it, he could be Ace, for all I know.

So he's talking to a girl at school who a) thinks it's morally acceptable to have an abortion, and b) thinks it's morally reprehensible to eat eggs. Why eggs? Because they're potential chickens, of course.

Apparently a vicious callousness towards human babies is can be accompanied by more generalized stupidity. Chickens lay eggs whether or not they are fertilized, and all those non-fertilized eggs are not, in fact, potential chickens. They will either be eaten or they will rot, and in the latter case they should be thrown at hippies. But whether or not I should be, I am amazed that this simpering moron can actually think it's okay to destroy a potential human being, and not okay to destroy a (not-really) potential chicken.