SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Link Dump: Last Refuge For the Blogger With No Ideas

In case anyone cares, it took me about seven months to get my first 10,000 unique daily hits. Now, two months later and thanks to a strategically-placed Instalanche, I'm just over 500 hits away from 40,000. Shame on all of you. Don't you have anything better to do? Go read a book or something.


Hey liberal Catholics, here's a bumper sticker that might interest you. The update is funny - apparently Jack doesn't have an entrepreneurial bone in his body.

The newest Are You Conservative? lets you learn about whining, nonimal Catholics and teach your kid to read at the same time. It's all about the efficiency.

Dave from Garfield Ridge thinks Ace is making a terrible mistake. It's a lonely vigil you're fighting, Dave. I mean, how do you argue with this:

"Yes, we'll of course see a large number of gunshot-by-monkey tragedies. And for, admittedly, very little benefit at all. But seriously, isn't it worth paying that cost?"

Or the movie poster here? I'm sorry Dave, but you just can't argue with that.

Secret Message: Ave-day! Elp-hay e-may! Onkeys-may ave-hay idnapped-kay y-may amily-fay and-ay are-ay reatening-thay o-tay ill-kay e-may!

The Man has another photshop/caption contest. If I weren't so burned out and unoriginal, I might try to think of something for it.

China has a fabulous offer for the new Pope. And we're turning Hans' thread into a comment party to surprise him when he gets back from wherever.

Funny and disturbing at the same time. I'm betting she's a blogger. Florida Cracker lives in Tennessee, right? Wait, you mean Florida is its own state? Get outta here... (And my Six Meat Buffet link helps me fill my quota of one blog I've never linked before).

Two Dogs is an equal opportunity ass kicker. Can't say I blame him at all.

Goldstein is trashing on Neil Diamond. Nobody tell Dave.

Emily got a whole bunch of comments by ... asking for them? That works?

Hah! I bet Rusty Shackleford had no idea Dan Riehl was taking pictures at his wedding.

Because redneck Texans don't have pulses, of course. Silly question.

If this is all Rove has left in terms of sinister plots, he's more burned out than I am. He should leave the scheming up to Donald Rumsfeld for a while - that always results in some cool explosions.

The Unpopulist uses the phrase "final update" like Douglas Adams uses the word "trilogy."

This is ironic. Jay Tea does a good post on the irrational hope that the new Pope would be a liberal. But then he ends with this:

"If you still feel that strongly about it, might I recommend you convert to Catholicism and work from within to bring about those changes? Otherwise, butt out. It ain't nobody's business but theirs how they run their Church."

Ironic, for a guy who recently almost had a seizure about what those crazy Mormons are up to and then closed the comments sections on all related posts. But other than that, good post.

Wow, that John Bolton guy sure is evil, huh? Here's a chilling first-hand account.