SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Time for a Revolution?

Not a political one, a blogging one. And not an ideologically-driven revolution, but a traffic-driven one. Dare I say it?

Dare I say that it's time to commandeer Ace's blog?

Now let's be clear, I like Ace a lot. When Allah (PBUH) crapped out on us, Ace was all I had left. Many of my jokes are comprehensible only if you've been reading Ace for a while (for example, anything "cowbell" oriented, inlcuding Happy Jihadi).

The thing is, since Ace has been gone, my traffic has gone through the roof. First, I've been getting vicarious Ace-O-lanches because two of Ace's guest bloggers link me. Second, I got a trackback from Benedict blog which gave me another decent wave of hits. Third, in Ace's absence he managed to get an Instalanche (oh, the irony!), and his traffic is better than it has been in months, as he admits.

Is it heresy, then, for a small, petty part of me to hope Ace gets his movie deal, which in turn keeps him away from his blog, thus diverting all that crazy blog money to me?

Update: Uh oh. What have I started?

Also, Cameron knows how to write a slogan. Must be all that time he spends writing poetry.

Update: The Unpopulist points out my rather inelegant use of words above, when I said "in Ace's absence HE managed to get an Instalanche..." I double-checked, and while I'm sure the author of the auspicious post would be too embarassed for me to publicly congratulate him or her on a job well done, I think I can hint that it rhymes with "shmunpopulist."

And in my own defense, I'd just like to point out that while Ace's writing, in and of itself, did not garner the coveted Instalanche, it was his blog that recorded the hits. My statement therefore captured the spirit of the event, even if some of the details may have been (honestly, I don't think we'll ever know for sure) completely fabricated. I therefore stick by my original phrase, as any impartial observer will agree that it was fake, but accurate.

Also, I offer my condolences to guest bloggers who write something so compelling as to catch the fickle eye of the Instapundit, and yet not get any hits of their own. Dude, that has to sting.

"Heh."