SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Monday, November 08, 2004

Blame Bush for Alfie Flop

It looks like something Liberal Larry would write. "Alfie" producers think their movie flopped because of the election.

"Wayne Llewellyn, the president of distribution at Paramount, said that the conservative ethos reflected in last week's election results might have hurt the film. 'It could be the mood of the country right now,' he said. 'It seems to be the result of the election. Maybe they didn't want to see a guy that slept around.'"

Sounds like a pretty weak excuse to me. If Llewellyn's theory were sound, I would have expected about 56 million people to have seen it.

I have not seen the movie. I do not plan on seeing the movie. My plans have nothing at all to do with my support for George W. Bush. My plans have everything to do with the one preview I saw for the movie, during which I wondered, "who pays money to see this kind of crap?" Mr. Llewellyn, in the future I recommend you avoid movies that look pathetically stupid, so you won't have to come up with ridiculous explanations for your failure.