SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Congratulations to Barack Obama

Congratulations to Barack Obama, and to his supporters. You fought hard, and you clearly won.
Mr. President-elect, I do not respect you. But I respect your office, and I will not do or say anything to undermine that office. When you take the oath of office, you will be the Commander-in-Chief of the finest armed forces in the world. I will not undermine your office in that role, or countenance those who would do so.

I fully intend to disagree with you strongly throughout your administration. But I will only do so when I think you are substantively wrong -- not just because I disagree with your party as a whole. And when I disagree with you, it will be on the substance, and not based on paranoid conspiracy theories. I will not countenance to any degree any suggestion that you or your family should come to harm.

None of the above means I won't make fun of you. I don't even spare members of my party the occasional photoshop treatment.