SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tonight's Debate

In case anyone is wondering, there is a debate tonight. I will not be watching it. Instead, I will eat the New Orleans burnt sugar cake (that's "burnt sugar" cake, not burnt "sugar cake") I baked this afternoon, and studying Arabic.

Also, for your edification, I will give you the following interesting information about Arabic:

1. The word for "happy" is sa'eed. The root letters "sin-ain-dal" also form the word sa'daana, which means "nipple." The connection should be obvious. In addition, the word for "doorknob" translates literally as "the door's nipple" (sa'daana-t al-baab).

Please do not lick the doorknobs. It is unsanitary.

2. Arabic is an unintentionally filthy language if you know which words to yell loudly, in front of an English audience. For example,

al-jow SHITEE al-yown = the weather is wintry today.
'andi akh wahad FAQAT = I only have one brother.
'ASHIT as-sayaara = she bought the car.
DAAMIT! = she persevered.

I recommend you go practice your Arabic as loud as you can.