SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

More on Me

There's a bit of a discussion of religion in the comments section to this post (including plenty of references to drugs, hookers, and Cthulu).

But how many of you knew that I invented bling?

"A crocodile-god, he was worshipped in cities that depended on water, such as the oasis city of Arsinoe (Crocodilopolis), where the reptiles were kept in pools and adorned with jewels."

I'd also like to point out that this link is riddled with errors. For example:

"Sobek is considered to be a cohort of Horus."

I think not, sweetheart. Horus was a cohort of Sobek, and don't you forget it. See that's the problem with archaeologists these days. They get a little bit on information and draw all kinds of inaccurate conclusions from it. Take for example the so-called "dual temple" at Kom Ombo. Supposedly we were both worshipped there, right? The truth is that I had this really awesome temple, hot priestesses in skimpy outfits, as much bling as you could squeeze into your pimp cup ... and along comes Horus with this sob story about how his temple got razed by the Lybians, and could he just crash at my place for a bit? Man, was I a sucker. Dude stops paying rent after like four months, totally gets into my fridge, and keeps inviting Amon and Khepri over for all-night keggers. Yeah, "dual temple" my scaly green butt.

What a chump.