SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Time to Change Religions

O Centro Espirita Beneficente Uniao de Vegatal is a church that celebrates communion by drinking hoasca, a tea brewed from plants unique to Brazil, and which has powerful psychotropic qualities. It is a Schedule I narcotic, and illegal for all purposes in the United States.

The feds told the Centro Espirita to knock it off with the hoasca. O Centro Espirita told the feds to go jump in a lake. Then they sued the feds, asking the Court to tell the feds not to prosecute hoasca users.

According to a unanimous Supreme Court, O Centro Espirita is right.

I won't bore you with the legal details, I'll just note that I've suddenly discovered that some of my ancestors were Brazilian Indians, and in order to strengthen my kinship with them, I've decided to adopt their religious practices. Well, some of them, anyway. My blogging should reflect the new change in my lifestyle. Anyone who has a problem with that is welcome to come discuss the matter with me, in my home, over a nice cup of tea.