SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Friday, December 30, 2005

More from Faulkner

Finally finished The Reivers (man, it takes me forever to finish a book these days), and I found one final bit of wisdom to share, especially in light of the argument I'm having with Supernatural Rabbit Scribe a few posts back.

***

"A gentleman can live through anything. He faces anything. A gentleman accepts the responsibility of his actions and bears the burden of their consequences, even when he did not himself instigate them but only acquiesced to them, didn't say No though he knew he should."

***

I'm acquiring books at a rate of approximately two for every one I read, so in all the time I've been collecting books, I've never been able to reduce the percentage of them I've read from cover to cover. That is all kinds of irritating to me.