SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Untitled

I'm going to have to echo Jennifer, who has declared that "this has to have been the most boring week on the net in the last year. There is NOTHING happening."

So, a few odds and ends:

1. I've made it up to level 20 in this. I suspect it's the last level, but holy crap is it hard. Yes, I have been working on this game ever since I first linked it in September. You got a problem with that?

2. I'm declaring the first Official SobekPundit Photoshop Contest. The theme is "Monkeys throughout history." Now given that I've never hosted a photoshop contest before, and given that my traffic has gone the way of Democrat credibility, I don't expect anyone to participate or to care, other than me. So it will probably just be me photoshopping monkeys into famous pics and stuff, but hey, it's my blog, I'll do whatever I want.

3. Ace has a nemesis, and it's making me jealous. What do I have to do to get a nemesis around here? Even Jack M. has Iceland. I mean, it's not much, but at least he has something.

4. This Reuters article, "CIA Couple Outed by 5-Year-Old Son," (echoed by Drudge and CNN.com) totally misses the point of what "outed" means. Once your face has been plastered all over every media outlet in the world, I don't know that you can be "outed" anymore. It's like Elton John being "outed" as gay, or the Llamabutchers being "outed" as the guys from Foghat. (Seriously Steve and Robbo, we all know. You can end the charade).

5. For all his vaunted clout in the Senate, Harry Reid has left Nevada as the state that receives the least amount of federal funding? Geez, Senator, you really suck at this. Granted, I don't particularly care if the feds send money our way or not (I'm certainly not about to start clamoring for more pork, but when a guy like Reid actually takes pride in his liberal politics, and then can't even manage to deliver what his liberal constituents want -- well, that takes a certain kind of suckitude, you know?). Also, that link to Harry Reid's picture may explain why he's too busy to, you know, legislate.