SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A Persuasive Argument Against Alito

Here I was all set to endorse Alito, when suddenly a commenter at Harry Reid's blog brought his righteous hammer down (comment 84).

Here's my summary of his long, insane ramblings, which I posted over there:

1. Alito “is a crook” (cheer up, that means he’s no Dick Nixon)

2. Alito lives “in West Caldwell NJ” (bastard!)

3. “He was the head of the U.S. Attorney’s office in Newark when I was crippled by a drunk West Caldwell cop…”

4. Alito “is a Criminal” (note the capital “C”)

5. “Alito made sure that the cops from his town were above the law.”

6. Alito “is a crook, and unfit to sit on any Bench” (I assume for purposes of this comment that you’re not referring to, say, park benches)

7. Some cops destroyed your life and your woman’s life, “thanks to … Alito,” who is also somehow responsible for the town being racist (huh?)

8. Alito made your woman have a miscarriage (through voodoo, perhaps?)

9. Alito is “disgusting” and should be the target of an FBI investigation (which should be dedicated to combatting “disgustingness”)

10. Alito is corrupt

That’s an impressive list, TJ, and I think I can distill it all down to a slogan that will fit on a bumper sticker: “ALITO CAUSES MISCARRIAGES AND RACISM!” You’ve officially convinced me to oppose him.