SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Monday, September 19, 2005

What's Hot in Sobek's World

I don't care about what's happening in the news. Gerhard Schroeder lost, but his opponent, Angie Etwas,* didn't take enough of the vote to effectively carry out her "let's not be dicks to the Americans" agenda. New Orleans is covered in filth, which is pretty much status quo ante. Bill Clinton's an opportunist with no core values.

On the home front, the library's copy of 2001: A Space Odyssey is so scratched that I can't watch past the scene where Dave and Frank are chatting in the remote module. As I've never seen the movie, this is really bothering me.

Finally, I've got less than 300 pages left of East of Eden, so you can all go jump in a lake.

Oh, and I won a prize in a haiku contest, and now I'm on the run from the law.

* "Etwas" is German for "something," and is a subtle joke on the fact that I don't remember her last name, and I'm not about to go look it up.