SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Friday, September 23, 2005

Oliver Update

Thanks to Captain Ed for the link.

As it turns out, I also got a link from Rolly Poly Ollie. I mention it for several reasons.

First, the link is in this sentence: "What’s intriguing is that the good Captain and his defenders (whose level of critique gets no more complex than calling me “fat”) like to make this out as me being one of those mythical angry liberals making a mountain out of a molehill." No, Oliver, that's not my attempt at critiquing you, that's just me making fun of you.

Second, from commenter PSU94, "And a quick Google search using 'Barack Obama articulate' yields 44,100 hits. And some of them are from his OWN SENATE WEBSITE! A few others are from an Obama blog, and one is from something called 'usliberals.com'. I guess Obama and his staff and his fans need to meet some more of them colored folks." BARACK OBAMA HATES BLACK PEOPLE!!! Not that Ollie had any words damning Mr. Obama or his media groupies.

Third, as noted above, I got a link from Captain Ed. As of this writing, that link has generated almost 1800 hits. By contrast, as of 3:00 p.m. (PST), Cousin Oliver's link generated a whopping 6 hits. Wow, he's not quite the media mogul I had assumed. He gets paid for this? He can't generate more than six hits, and he's drawing a paycheck?

Finally, a point I made in the interview was that Oliver's oevre generally involves virtually no original work, followed by extensive quotations from other writers who actually, ya know, write. As if to prove me right, consider his top post today, in which his own original contribution is two words. It's not just a fluke. In this post, he writes 50 words. This one has 13. No words, other than the title. Two words. Seriously, he gets paid for this? Proof positive that George Soros doesn't mind flushing his money down the crapper.