SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Monday, August 22, 2005

France Invaded; Misc.

This story lends chilling new meaning to the phrase, "le grenoille mange le pamplemousse."

But I must admit I'm a little confused. Isn't that headline a little like saying Russia gets invaded by Russians? Or that the Democrat party gets invaded by frothing-at-the-mouth insane liberals?

Okay, I admit I'm making no sense. Just click the link.

Dave has a quasi-open thread for 2008 presidential speculations. Also, Keith Richards.

Ace criticizes Elizabeth Edwards' claim of solidarity with Cindy Sheehan. Feh. More interesting are the hystrionics in the comments section, where apparently a bunch of Lefties decided that no matter how tangential the reference, they have a duty to criticize Bush.

Basil's riff on the headlines is always worth your time. But it looks like he's no fan of the Moog synthesizer. All I have to say is that without the Moog, there would be no Man or Astroman? and that would be a crying shame. (Destroy All Astromen was their finest work).

Larry, you're in my non-demoninational prayers and incantations during this time of grief/exploitation.

Query: should it be legal to sue a blogger who quits blogging for emotional distress? COME BACK!!!

Normally I don't care what happens in Robbo the Llamabutcher's back yard, but this deserves a link.

Two Dogs crunches the numbers on a scare piece about blacks and spending habits. Very interesting. It's a good lesson in how using numbers out of context can distort the reality.

Goldstein has the money quote on what the Crawford protestors think about reasoned debate. (First Update). Astounding. Not that they really believe such a thing (we already knew), but that they're dumb enough to say it out loud.

Finally, I'm adding The Therapist to my blogroll. Why? Probably because I have a wierd subconscious desire to send all my traffic to better sites than my own.