SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Surgery

Scene: Sobek's bedroom. Sobek is sitting at his desk, doing his homework. Sobek's Wife is just off-stage, bathing their son.

Wife: Oh, by the way, you're sister called. She said your mom's surgery went fine.

Sobek: Her WHAT!?!?

Wife (enters the room): So you didn't know either. I thought you knew, and just didn't tell me.

Sobek: My family never tells me anything. Like when Alisa got engaged and I found out three months later.

Wife: Well anyway, the surgery went fine.

Son (enters and points at Sobek's computer): Song?

Sobek (knows he wants to hear his favorite song, which is, quite inexplicably, Dead or Alive's "You Spin Me Right Round." Strobes and colored lights flash as the Sobek family dances).

Sobek (sits back down): I can't believe no one told me my own mother was having surgery. Oh well. At least now I don't feel so bad that I didn't tell them about my knee surgery.

(Exuent all).