SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

A Little Depressing

So yesterday I went to Sitemeter.com to check how my traffic was doing, and I was stunned to see this big spike at noon, and nothing else. Then I looked at the side of the graph and saw that "big spike" meant more than one hundred hits.


"Thanks" to Ace of Spades HQ

By contrast, you should know that I usually get 20 hits on my very best days.

So when I saw "nothing else," that wasn't quite accurate. Before noon, I had maybe ten hits or so, but they were flattened down because the graph had to stretch to cover 100+ hits. In a single day, Ace of Spades skewed my statistics for the entire time I've been blogging.

This is a little depressing, because here I've been chugging along for a couple of months, now, feeling quite satisfied with my 20 hits per day, with slumps on week-ends. Then I get a link from Ace - and it's not even a prominently featured link. It was a footnote, a minor mention in an update below an actually funny picture. And yet, in his virtually divine wisdom and compassion, Ace's mention shot my stats through the roof.

Will I ever taste that kind of power again? Probably not. It took a long time to make that picture (note to my parents: the picture didn't take very long) and I don't think it was all that funny. Sigh.

For my loyal fans, a sincere thank you. And I will just learn to be happy with twenty. No shame in that.