SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Monday, October 18, 2004

Blogroll Update

I removed from my blogroll a blog that was updated only once every month or so. Let that be a warning to all! When necessary, I am a vicious crocodile. I also added Brian B's Memento Moron blog - and I apologize for not doing so sooner.

But please note that although I recently discovered this blog, devoted exclusively to knitting, it didn't make the blogroll. Please note that she has blogrolled fifteen other blogs devoted to knitting. Cripes, I thought I got boring sometimes. At least they never have to worry about trolls in the comments section.

Also, here's a link to an interesting poem by what looks like an interesting person. According to the "About Me" section, he quit working for two years so he could live on the street and read in the Library of Congress. I like the poem, but I suspect it's better when read aloud. It's relies heavily on rhythm, and you can't quite pick that up from reading alone. And I don't want to read it out loud to myself because the total stranger in the room with me might think I'm some kind of crazy person.

IMO, the best poem to read aloud is Edgar Allan Poe's "The Bells."