SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Adams v. Sullivan: Smackdown!

Mike Adams has a fantastic column about how his university sponsored a lecture by "conservative" Andrew Sullivan. Read the column for the details of the school's blatant hypocrisy and Sully's feeble attempt at presenting two sides of an issue, when he is losing readers almost as fast as CBS is losing viewers because he is so obsessively focused on only one side of that issue.

I just wanted to point out the following tidbit:

"The university’s press release said that Sullivan focused the end of his lecture on the 'pursuit of happiness' clause in the Constitution. Wouldn’t it have been better to spend $10,000 on a speaker who knew that there is no such clause in the Constitution?"

Indeed. That whole "pursuit of happiness" deal was from the Declaration of Independence. I knew that, but no one paid me $10,000 to point it out. Seriously, I had no idea that idiocy could be so lucrative. I've decided to start touring campuses presenting a lecture entitled "Bush is Part Monkey: A Conservative View on the Possibility that George W. Bush is Part Monkey." See, because I'm a conservative, that means the universities can sell my appearances as promoting "diversity." And since the entire content of my lecture will be me holding up pictures of George W. Bush and pictures of monkeys, the universities can feel perfectly comfortable with the content, as well. Heck, I'll only charge $9,000 per visit - it'll be a bargain!