SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Tunisian Travels

You absolutely cannot miss this report by Michael Totten about a recent trip to Tunisia. When I went on my honeymoon to Italy, I really wanted to make a side trip to Tunisia. My wife, my dad, and her dad talked me out of it because of the danger. (This was in the summer of 2002). Now I'm kicking myself.

Okay, to be fair I should note that we were short on time, short on money, and that my three months pregnant wife couldn't exactly get around as well as I could (NOTE: we had been married almost a full year by the time we went on our honeymoon, so nobody get any ideas about any hanky-panky!). So I suppose it probably couldn't have happened in any event. But *sigh* it's always fun to dream.