SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Shooting Oneself in the Foot

Thanks to The Daily Blitz, who points out a story that I never would have spotted myself because I don't pay attention to Ted Rall or to DemocraticUnderground.com

For those of you who don't know, Ted Rall is a cartoonist - not a particularly good one - who managed to piss off every Republicans, conservatives, and other decent human beings with a sense of taste with a couple of offensive cartoons (e.g. one suggesting that Pat Tillman was an ignorant racist who deserved to die in Afghanistan) and by saying that Reagan is turning crispy brown now that he's dead.

So if you don't know him, you're not missing much.

Now you'd think that after ensuring that about 50% of Americans will never take him seriously, you'd think Rall would mind his manners around the Kerry camp, but instead he drew this very critical cartoon. The folks at DemocraticUnderground.com are furiously coming up with horrible things to say about him (no link, as I don't want to send them any traffic, but you can find it through Daily Blitz if you feel so inclined). It's interesting how quickly a guy who was embraced as a genius among the moonbat lefties is tossed in front of the firing squad.

Anyway, other than noting his treachery and the moonbat reaction, I mention the story because I want to point out, in a situation where my partiality is not an issue, that Ted Rall cannot draw. Seriously, the guy is trying to caricature John Kerry, who's signature jawline should make him the easiest public figure to draw ever, and Rall doesn't even come close. Now you can't say that it's just me criticizing him indirectly because of his politics. People on both sides of the aisle should be able to agree that Ted Rall couldn't draw to save his life.

As long as I'm on the topic, check out Cox & Forkum's take. They do good work. If I knew how to make a blogroll, they would be on it.