SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Monday, August 02, 2004

Our Stock Will Rise High!



Thanks, Mr. Pitt.

What a ruthlessly unflattering photo. Looks almost like the photographer got him with a fish-eye lense. At a rally, a group of people started shouting "Four more years!" I both like and dislike Kerry's response, quoted from Drudge:

"I want to thank George Bush for sending the goons here tonight to excite us to do a little more work..."

I think his reaction could have been a lot more pissy. As far as the "let's work harder" part of the response, good for him. On the other hand, note carefully that if a left-wing moonbat says something monumentally ludicrous about George W. Bush, it's patriotic dissent. If a right-wing protestor says something hollow and slogan-y (let's call a spade a spade), he is a) a goon, and b) a personal emissary of George W. Bush. In other words, it is irresponsible to associate remarks critical of Bush with Kerry, although all remarks critical of Kerry must be directly or indirectly from Bush. I see.

On the other hand, (via Instapundit), Kerry rejected Howard Dean's suggestion that the elevated terror alerts were politically motivated.

"Kerry dismissed former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean's comment that raising the terror level might be politically motivated. "I don't care what he said. I haven't suggested that and I won't suggest that," Kerry said. "I do not hold that opinion. I don't believe that.''

Credit where credit is due - good for him.