SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Happy Birthday to Me

Here's some good news for my birthday, as well as some links which I will classify as "birthday warm-up good news."

Via Ace: Pakistan has captured at least six high-level al-Qaeda operatives. I suspect that at least part of Pakistan's good work stems from the recent capture of Ahmed Khalfan Ghailani and the very real possibility that he's being tortured. I mean, we're talking serious women's-underwear-on-the-head stuff.

Chrenkoff has links to a piece called "Good News From Afghanistan," Part 1 and Part 2, as well as "Good News From Iraq," Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6 and Part 7. That's a lot of good news.

Here's a classic chestnut from Liberal Larry's Blame Bush! Hard to argue with that kind of reasoning.

Finally, I love Victor Davis Hanson's blog. His essays are always thought-provoking and well-reasoned, in contrast to the majority of blogs which are more focused on posting the story first and making a few humorous quips. This one is really good.

So what do I really want most for my birthday?

A hug and a kiss from my wife.