SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bradford Berenson for President

Who?

This guy. Mrs. R thinks highly of him because he turned a very stupid question by Bob "I was important once, dammit!" Woodward around on him. Certainly I admire his smackdown, and I'd like to see more of that sort of thing. For example:


Tony Snow: "Interesting question, Helen Thomas, but let me ask you this: why should the administration take advice from a woman who looks like she puts her make-up on with a rusty masonry trowel?"



Donald Rumsfeld: "Mr. Krugman, you might find it a little harder to automatically gainsay everything President Bush does for cheap political points after I force-feed you an army-surplus traffic cone and a large bag of marbles."



Mitt Romney: "I'd be happy to respond to your snarky post about "Things the Mormons Want to Do That Will Offend Some People," Mr. SobekPundit, but I don't think you'll be able to hear my reply very well, when you're submerged in four feet of water in the back seat of Ted Kennedy's car."

Presidential, baby!

All that said, I've got my eye on the Jack M candidacy. It's compelling. And rich. Almost as compelling as my own unstoppable electoral juggernaut. Which stings the nostrils -- in a good way.