SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A Brief Conversation on the Eve of SobekPundit's Birthday

Mrs. Sobek: Honey, I made a cake for your birthday!





Sobek: Wow, that thing is huge.





Mrs. Sobek: That's because, as a special treat for your 4,000th birthday, I got you a cake with a stripper inside.





Sobek: HOT DIGGITY!!!





Mrs. Sobek: I knew you'd like it.





Sobek: ...





Mrs. Sobek: ...





Sobek: So, uh, when does the stripper jump out?





Mrs. Sobek: I don't know. I don't think she's moved at all since I baked the thing yesterday.





Sobek: Baked?





Mrs. Sobek: She sure did put up a fuss when I forced her into the gigantic cake mold and poured in the cake mix.





Sobek: ...





Mrs. Sobek: ...





Sobek: ...





Mrs. Sobek: ...





Sobek: So, basically, there's a dead stripper in my birthday cake.





Mrs. Sobek: Now that you mention it, I was kind of curious how she was supposed to survive in an oven at 350 degrees.





Sobek: I see.





Mrs. Sobek: ...





Sobek: ...





Mrs. Sobek: ...





Sobek: ...





Mrs. Sobek: I notice the presence of a dead stripper in your cake isn't exactly stopping you from picking at it.





Sobek: Well I'm not eating any parts that are actually touching the corpse.





Mrs. Sobek: Fair enough. Happy birthday, sweetie. You don't look a day older than 3,500.





Sobek: Thanks, dear.