SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Quick, Elect That Woman to the U.S. Senate!

Cindy Sheehan got arrested today, at the State of the Union address.

To her credit, I can't really say her immature stunt really puts her out of the same league as, say, Harry Reid. And she still has my complete support in her candidacy.

"Schneider said Sheehan had worn a T-shirt with an anti-war slogan to the speech and covered it up until she took her seat. Police warned her that such displays were not allowed, but she did not respond, the spokeswoman said."

Cindy Sheehan has a spokeswoman? Wow, I have to update my list of "world's crappiest jobs." I can't imagine having to stand in front of a camera and reporters and try to explain why my boss has permanently jettisoned all pretense of acting like she graduated from elementary school.

Sheehan was invited by Rep. Lynn Woolsey (D - CA), who had this to say:

"'I'm proud that Cindy's my guest tonight,' Woolsey said in an interview before the speech."

Uh, yeah that would be before she got arrested.

"She has made a difference in the debate to bring our troops home from Iraq."

Not really a difference in the sense that the troops are, you know, home from Iraq, but more in the sense that ... uh ... give me a minute, here. I'm sure I can think of something. And I'm sure our soldiers really appreciate Cindy's bravely posing with Jesse Jackson in front of an army of reporters.