Osama bin Laden Recommends Book by American Leftist
Allah's got the scoop.
"In an Arabic transcription of the entire tape on the Al-Jazeera Web site — but not aired — bin Laden ... tells Americans that 'if you are sincere in your desire for peace and security, and if Bush refuses to do anything but continue lies and oppression,' then he recommends Americans read a book entitled 'The Rogue State,' apparently a reference to a book of that title by political analyst William Blum. The book has been published in Arabic. In its introduction, it states: 'If I were president, I would stop the attacks on the United States: First I would give an apology to all the widows and orphans and those who were tortured. Then I would announce that American interference in the nations of the world has ended,' he said."
I bet Bloom is thrilled. Check Allah's for a hilarious list of testimonials by other American Lefties about how good the book is.
Meanwhile, note that Allah's not giving us the whole story. bin Laden reportedly recommended some other books that he thought were worth reading:
1. Old Yeller. He still cries at the end, every single time.
2. Heather Has Two Mommies. Because wow, that's hot!
3. Where's Waldo? It's actually more of a technical manual than most people realize.
4. A Clockwork Orange. Just like occasional SobekPundit commenter Enas Yorl, Osama once went three weeks speaking nothing but Nadsat.
5. Kublai Khan. I mean, he does live in the opium capital of the world, so I guess this makes pretty good sense.
6. The Idiot's Guide to HTML. In case that whole world-wide jihad thing doesn't work out, it's good to have something to fall back on, and IT guys are always in demand.
7. Of Mice and Men. See Old Yeller, above.
8. Plato's Republic. Get it? Plato? It sounds like "Play-Doh." Ha! Good times, man, good times.
9. The liner notes to the Britney Spears album "Oops! I Did it Again." Look say what you will, but that vile infidel writes some powerful stuff.
10. The New York Times. Duh.