SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Sunday, January 09, 2005

This is Kind of Creepy

I got an e-mail from WuzzaDem with a link to interesting quotes by retired military officers who oppose the approval of Alberto Gonzalez. It made me thank my lucky stars that they are retired military officers. Go take a look.

But that's not the creepy part. The creepy part is that he also sent this link, which purportedly deals with the Gonzalez issue but in fact does not. It's a series of letter which demonstrate that WuzzaDem is only slightly less organized than myself. The final letter is what really creeps me out:

"Dude,

Pull your head out! Even if Wile E. Coyote did manage to somehow buy the rocket-powered skates from Acme (and you still haven't explained where he'd get the money, and I'm not buying your "trust fund" theory), there is no way he could just hang in mid-air without falling for a full three seconds once he goes off a cliff..."

Now it's clear to me how WuzzaDem could figure out that I'm interested in the whole Gonzalez affair. What is less clear is how this person - who as far as I know I have never met - somehow knows that I have in the past engaged in long and detailed discussions of the philosophy of Wile E. Coyote cartoons.

We're through the looking glass, people...