SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Funny New Commercial

Via The Man at GOP and the City, go check out this new campaign commercial.

Key quote: "There's nothing wrong with a little indecision as long as your job doesn't involve any responsibility." Check it out.

And on that note, consider for a moment the profound lack of responsibility a U.S. Senator has. In addition to all their other failings, Kerry and Edwards have completely drained me of any trust I had that our duly elected representatives have some kind of obligation to do, well, anything at all.

Oh, you're on a committee and you don't show up even once for an entire calendar year? No big deal! You're paid to write laws to govern our nation, and you've written five in the past nineteen years? No problem! You've missed two-thirds of your votes? Let's give you a promotion!

Sounds pretty sweet. I think I'd like to be a Senator. But only if I could be a liberal Senator, because then I would be immune from criticism for, say, being a former KKK leader.