SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

The Nintendo Endorsement?

Ace's discussion on Dungeons & Dragons has me nostalgic for my utterly wasted youth, so here's another Nintendo-oriented post.

The real reason for this post is that I just realized I haven't had any pictures in a while, and I figure I should try to be more visual.



"Super" Mario

Who do you suppose your favorite Nintendo people are voting for this November? My automatic assumption was that they are voting Republican. After all, Mario fights evil, right? And liberals are evil, right? QED.

But wait, Mario is a plumber. He's probably union labor. And he's an Italian-American with a strong New York accent ... seriously, I think this whole "Super Mario Bros." thing is just a scam. Bowser was the good guy the whole time! And innocent kids are duped into dropping him into a lake of lava, just because they don't realize they're being tricked into the nefarious liberal agenda! "Thank you Mario (D - NY), but our princess is in another castle!"

Okay, readers, tell me who's voting for whom, and why.