SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Friday, March 18, 2005

Update

I finished my German corporate law final. But spring break just started, and I'm flying out of here for vacation and a job interview, so I don't think I'll be blogging much until I get back on Wednesday. Then again, for some reason it seems I post more immediately after announcing light posting, so you never know. I like to keep my readers on their toes. Maybe that's how I managed to squander all of the increased traffic I enjoyed the past month or so.

In the mean time, Ace has about fifty posts, riddled with links, on the Terry Schiavo situation. I think this one hit the mark especially well. If I recall correctly, this is the second time her tube has been pulled. Let's hope another miracle puts it back in this second time.

It occurred to me that although I laughed extensively at this, I never linked to All Along the Blogtower's post about Beatallica. Maybe it's because I don't know how many of my readers can appreciate the sophisticated fusion of Beatles and Metallica necessary to really "get" this music. But I thought it was hilarious. He has some update posts, too, if you want to look for them, including the Beatallica message boards.

Mrs. R blows a perfect opportunity to throw out a quote from that eminent lawyer, Lionel Hutz, but I assume it's because she was too busy with original funny, rather than secondary funny.

Liberal Larry looks at the Schiavo case from the opposite side of the aisle, and with his usual penetrating and sensitive approach: "When half the country and your wife's entire family insist that she must 'live', it takes great courage to stand up for your convictions and shout, 'No! The bitch must DIE!'" Have I ever mentioned that I think Larry is one of the greatest bloggers ever?

Average Joe has a link to an article on 13 science things that don't make sense. Conspicuously absent from the list? How is it possible that Ted Kennedy's liver hasn't forcibly removed itself from his body?

Dave from Garfield Ridge weighs in on the perennial question: Pearl Jam or Nirvana? Actually, I don't think it's really all that perennial. It kind of came out of left field. But that didn't stop me from opining in his comments here. (My answer: Alice in Chains).

The Man has a caption contest. I can either think of something funny to say and enter it, or go to sleep. I'm thinking sleep.

And on that note, let me now point out that I won't be link-dumping anyone on my blogroll whose blog starts with "I" or later. That's just because I ran out of time. Let this be a lesson to those of you who didn't name your blog something like Aaaaaaaaadam's House of Punditry.