SobekPundit

Still Pissed Off About the Hawley-Smoot Tariff

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Movie Mania

Blockbuster has this cool deal where you spend like fourteen bucks and you can rent as many movies as you want in a month. That means I can be more adventurous with my movie picks. On Monday I got Starsky and Hutch and one I'd never heard of called Scorched. Starsky and Hutch was okay, but I really loved Scorched. The wife thought it was wierd. But I like wierd, so that's pretty much consistent.

I also got Hidalgo, and wondered why all the Arabs were speaking Arabic so slowly, and hitting many of the consonants wrong. And why the Pakistani-sounding goat-herder would speak fluent English. Other than that, it was good times. I recommend it, if you're not the type to get hung up on slow Arabic.